Friday, April 20, 2012

Short and Sweat Today

Short and sweet, headed to the gym! So today has been an awesome day and I really can’t pinpoint why. I woke up dragging as usual. I’m not sure what is going on there. But as the morning progressed my spirits lifted. I mean I feel good, look good plus my jeans aren’t skin tight any more. Who cares what the scale says my clothes are fitting looser. I’m bound and determined not to have the scale define me. The numbers don’t reflect who I am.

Oh and I decided real quick this afternoon to join a weight loss challenge here in the city. So I live right out of Oklahoma City in a town called Edmond. Anyway, there is a challenge called OKC Weight Loss Challenge http://okcweightlosschallenge.com/ . You weigh in twice, initially and end. You have 12 weeks. Some awesome prizes! So who cares that I might not have a chance because of the number of people that could potentially sign up, I’m up for a good challenge. Besides it keeps me focused and on track right? Plus I like the fact that I weigh in at the Y, which is a second home to me some days.

My journey is always in continuous forward motion. I think I have a good plan in place as I move forward, tweaking as needed. I might make a visualization board this weekend to stick in my bathroom to help with motivation. I’m also going to work on my eating plan just a little bit more. I did great this week but I felt myself slip back into an all too familiar position when things got a little stressful and I wasn’t feeling good. Need to work on those triggers.

No comments:

Post a Comment