Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Rushing for Time

I am so not a time person, meaning if I make it somewhere on time or a few minutes early then I’m on time. I don’t see the point in being somewhere 15-30 minutes early; to me that’s a waste of time. I’m not sure where I got this attitude because I’ve been in the military and in fact my husband is so much of a time person it drives me insane. He is the 30 minutes early or you’re late and now he has our daughter thinking the same way. UGH! So I it’s no surprise that I constantly feel like I’m running late. I even walk like I’m running late, very fast and with a purpose. In addition, I’ve always wanted to be the type of person that wakes up early, feeds the cows/hogs, whips a cake and has her entire house cleaned before the rooster calls. Um yeah, I’m a hit the snooze button 15 thousand times then force myself to get up. I really have no excuse to not get up early because my hubby gets up at 0400 every morning because he has to be at work by 0530 but of course leaves the house at 0430 so he can be there no later than 0500. Right because otherwise he would be late?!
But this morning, the alarm went off, which that in itself I was shocked at because it meant I actually slept halfway decent, and after hubby left, I was still awake. So what did I do? Well I started reading my Nook when my little one came in and climbed in bed. I was going to get up, make a cup of tea and read but when he came to bed I knew I had to lay there with him which was no biggie since I have the Nook Tablet and it is backlit so I didn’t have to worry about having a light on. I read for about an hour, then when I was sure he was good and sound asleep I got up, dressed and hit the elliptical for about 30 minutes.  I came back into a quiet house, fixed my tea and got ready for work. I was even able to pack my lunch/snacks too without rushing. In fact the whole morning was done without rushing, watching the time, etc…..
You know what else I noticed. I haven’t rushed all day. I really noticed it when I walked between the buildings this afternoon. Usually I’m race walking from one building to the next. You know what? I like the peace that I felt while walking. May be it has to do with the extra devotion time I got this morning which I don’t typically get. May be it was staying up and not having to rush. May be it is the Lord’s way of telling to “Keep still” like I heard so clear last week. May be it is a combination of a lot of those things but it felt nice.
Now I can’t say I will be able to stay awake everyday like that, especially on days off but on the other days it is a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment