Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Struggles

Struggles, we all have them. I can’t think of anything in my life that hasn’t been a struggle at some point. Think about it. We struggle as newborns to get out of a tight space to see the world. Often life ends with some type of struggle rather it be cancer, illness or dementia. And along the journey the in between is a struggle. I’m sure all of us can think of several struggles that we have had to overcome, break through, pray through or just deal with throughout our lives. Right now, everything in my life seems to be a struggle. Life at home is a struggle, life with my kids is a struggle, my weight loss journey is a struggle and my job is a struggle. I’m getting no breaks what so ever. It is what it is. But let me tell you my friends, I’m growing weary of these struggles. Now don’t get me wrong in thinking that I want my life or expect it to be perfect or a bowl of cherries because I don’t. I know every struggle is a learning process or at least that is what I’m telling myself. Or better yet that is what I want. I want to learn from each of my struggles.
Last week and this week has been rough, stressful, worrisome, tiring. I have felt like a Mac truck has hit me head on several times these days. My eating hasn’t been stellar. I have skipped a few workouts because I "felt" tired. I don't like feeling this way. I like to feel happy, be happy etc. Of course I know it can't always be happy go lucky sunshine filled days but man am I tired of the trucks running over me.

I know what I need to do. It has to do with control. Nobody ever likes giving up control and it is something I have to continuously do. But I'm working on it and today I actually woke up not totally drained. I'm hoping it continues

No comments:

Post a Comment