Monday, September 30, 2013

New Season is Here..........

Fall is my favorite time of the year, probably because my birthday is the first day of fall. But seriously, who doesn’t like the crispness of a morning breeze, the trees turning orange and red, even the air just smells like fall right? You know I’m right. And of course who can’t forget football. We pay attention just a little bit more this year since Emily is in marching band. However I don’t think we will convert hubby. Oh well. We are preparing for our fall camping trip. Just 8 days away, geez, already? And this is the first time I have ever heard my hubby said he is actually looking forward to it. Now this isn’t to say he isn’t in full on get everything ready and prepare mode. But I’m used to that. Don’t tell him, but I’m actually looking forward to it too. Four nights and almost 5 days of being away from home, being away from a schedule, being away from most electronics, just being away with the family, very much needed break. With the exception of one year, we have done something for fall break the last 5 years. Tent camping, RV camping, trailer camping, and a cabin. But this year instead of worrying about borrowing someone’s trailer and the expense we have with that, we thought we would just tent camp. The area we are going is beautiful no matter what time of year but I’m hoping the leaves are beginning to change. We are starting to see cool mornings and rain….two things that are needed so we shall see. We haven’t spent time in this area since Elliott was 2 so I’m looking forward to hiking this time around. Or just sitting and reading. That is a treat in itself. Tomorrow marks the first day of a challenge I’m going to do called “31 Days”. Of course this is going to be a challenge next week. Since I don’t have to do long entries, I might either try to schedule some to post or just do a picture post of things we are doing…… Anyway, we are supposed to pick a category to link to. Family Life, Inspirational & Faith, Health, Wellness & Food, Personal Endeavors or Too Awesome to Categorize are some of what I’m looking at hooking up to. I’m thinking of a title of 31 days of opportunities or 31 days of improvement. I’m thinking of topics of change, ways to improve my life as well as my family’s life. So more than likely I will do Personal Endeavors or Too Awesome to Categorize. This is a challenge but one I think will open doors, or at least just a journal of rambling thoughts. You never know what they may lead to. So I hope you will join me as this new season begins……

No comments:

Post a Comment