Monday, October 7, 2013

Ketchup Day 5 and 6



Okay so today is going to be a "ketchup" day. I slacked over the weekend. Too much, too much. But let me give you a replay of what happened. Not say I didn't have good excuses. Probably the main excuse was just plain exhaustion.

Saturday, day 5 was spent like this:



My daughter is a freshman in her first year of marching band. We did good. Placed third in our division for prelims and 8 in the finals. Not bad for a band that is heavy with freshman this year. This was probably by far the best experience of the weekend. A very long weekend but I wouldn't change anything about it except for her not feeling good. There is a time prior to them going over for warmups where their director gets them in focus. This was the first time I witnessed it fully. He plays music, talks them through a visualization routine and then they get their plums in their hats prior to going over. No one talks during this time. The kids have a mixture of excitement, fear, focus......such an intense time. You can just feel all their emotions. I found myself right there with them every step of the way. And then both times they took the field I found myself tearing up. Not sure why. This isn't Emily's first or last performance. Probably just so very proud of her. Of her accomplishments. And so very moved that she wants me there. That is the icing on the cake. She seeks me out between times, wanting to be there. Its nice.



Sunday, day 6 was spent like this:
 
 She didn't play keeper this time but you get the picture that we had a soccer game. And if I had thought about it some more I would have not had her play. We didn't get in until 2:00 am and it was a 12:30 game. Plus with her not feeling good it doesn't make a good mixture. But the team did good and placed second overall in the tournament.
The rest of the day was spent running errands, grocery shopping and preparing for our camping trip. By last night I was exhausted but still didn't end up sleeping well. Oh well, two more days then we are on our trip. Hopefully, I will be able to get some rest.




No comments:

Post a Comment